1792 - Rue Comtesse d'Artois is joined on, but later disconnected, and still
later merged again
1804 - Au Rocher de Cancale opens, rapidly becomes the most popular place to
eat oysters which at this time are not yet a luxury food.
- L'Escargot Montorgueil opens, serving of course snails it still operates
1878 - Painted by Claude Monet on Bastille Day, which
that year was the last day of the Great Exhibition
1971 - The nearby Les Halls covered market is
demolished, and much of the local produce business moves
to support rue Montorgueil turning it once again into a
center of daily food shopping for the local residents.